With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Oklahoma Contemporary began increasing its production of video content to meet the needs of our community members who were not able to experience our exhibitions, educational opportunities and public programming in person.
In the months since, we've debuted a number of series and one-off videos to connect people at home and around the world with the goings-on at the new Oklahoma Contemporary. Below you'll find a selection of some of our most engaging video content, along with links to explore the entire archive by category.
From the roadside gas stations of Ed Ruscha: OKLA to the everyday local voices stitching together Tatyana Fazlalizadeh: Oklahoma is Black, explore some of the video content surrounding the world-class exhibitions at Oklahoma Contemporary.
Open World: Video Games & Contemporary Art Gallery Tour
Uncovering Oklahoma takes you on a tour of Open World with Artistic Director Jeremiah Matthew Davis. The exhibition features video game inspired works from artists across the globe.
- ArtNow 2021 (virtual tour)
- Crystal Z Campbell: Flight (virtual tour)
- Ed Ruscha: OKLA (virtual tour)
- Fieldworks: Beyond Measure (gallery talk)
- Jen Lewin Virtual Studio Tour
- Tatyana Fazlalizadeh: Oklahoma Is Black (artist-led gallery tour)
- Erwin Redl: Whiteout in OKC (artist remarks)
- Melvin Edwards: In Oklahoma (artist talk)
- Illuminations with Joe Glasco (artist interview)
- All Bright Golden Haze videos
Exhibitions archive here.
From gallery talks to live performances, panel discussions and so much more, Oklahoma Contemporary's dynamic public programming has something for everyone.
Oklahoma Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra
Experience the full performance of Oklahoma Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra's second concert of the 2021/2022 season, Art Matters. The concert series is performed in Oklahoma Contemporary's Te Ata Theater.
- But... Is it Art? | Twitch talk with Samantha Blackmon and Miranda Due for GameFest OKC
- Oklahoma Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra: PYT performed by Chandra Graham and her band
- Interactive Tour: Ed Ruscha OKLA Learning Gallery
- In Conservation: Robert Montgomery and Raymond Antrobus
- In Conversation: Jeremiah Matthew Davis and Alexandra Schwartz, PhD with Jeff Briley
- Exploring the Light and Space movement with art historian Francesca Giani
- Performance: Unassigned Data by Warren Realrider
- In Conversation: Amanda Horton and The Cauldron Press
Public Programs archive here.
Oklahoma Contemporary's stunning 54,000 square foot building — home to a main gallery, classroom studios, performance spaces, community lounge, café — and outdoor spaces ensure there will always be something new to see and experience.
Oklahoma Contemporary Virtual Tour, Part 1
Take a look inside your new arts center in downtown Oklahoma City with architect Rand Elliott.
- Oklahoma Contemporary Virtual Tour, Part 2
- Oklahoma Contemporary Virtual Tour, Part 3
- Oklahoma Contemporary Virtual Tour, Part 4
New home archive here.
Sponsored by SONIC Drive-In, Oklahoma Contemporary's dynamic #AtHomeArt series from our Youth and Family staff features step-by-step instructions for creating your own works of art using everyday household items.
#AtHomeArt: Marbling Project
Create your own marble-printed masterpiece with everyday household items.
- #AtHomeArt: Shadow on the Glare
- #AtHomeArt: Stop-motion Animation
- #AtHomeArt: Illustrating stories
- #AtHomeArt: Improv Games
#AtHomeArt archive here.
Whether you want to learn a new skill or perfect an old one, Studio School at Oklahoma Contemporary offers four- and eight-week classes and workshops designed to spark your creativity.
- Spring 2021 Studio School
- Studio School Online
- Studio Activity with Rachel Denbow (fiber arts)
- Studio School at Oklahoma Contemporary
Studio School archive here.
With so much great video content, there's plenty that doesn't fit neatly into one category. From our retail store to Café Contemporary, special one-time projects and more, below you'll find miscellaneous videos that help tell the story of your new arts center in downtown Oklahoma City.
- Belonging There, Here: A Crowdsourced Poem with Quraysh Ali Lansana
- Share at the Showroom: Beatriz Mayorca
- The Visitor Experience
- Shop Contemporary
Miscellaneous archive here.