Designed by Rand Elliott and Associates and built by Smith & Pickel Construction, the new center will include:
- Folding Light: a 53,916-square-foot building with 8,000 square-feet of gallery space and nine classrooms
- The main building was christened Folding Light by the architect because of the way the metal exterior will reflect Oklahoma’s ever-changing sky.
- First floor: lobby, one early childhood classroom and four other general classroom/ multipurpose rooms, Teen Art Studio, 1,300 square feet of gallery space, café and retail areas
- Second floor: 6,700 square feet of gallery space, hands-on learning gallery, photo classroom, sound studio, multimedia lab, artist-in-residence studio, staff offices and a balcony to be used as outdoor classroom or event space
- Third floor: a theater that will seat 150 (plus 49 more on the mezzanine level), a dance studio and a green room and performing arts lobby/event space that will serve both
- Fourth floor: theater mezzanine and staff offices
- The Studios: Remodeled 10,000-square-foot historic warehouse, adjacent to Folding Light
- Studio spaces for programs focusing on ceramics, fiber, metal and wood
- Grounds: Include an outdoor classroom and a sculpture park
- Campbell Art Park
Photo credit: Scott McDonald, Gray City Studios.