Your health and safety are our first priority. We’ve launched a variety of new protocols as we plan to slowly share our new facilities and exhibitions amid a global health crisis.
There are four important things for you to know when limited public access* begins: We’re dramatically limiting capacity in each of our spaces/programs, masks are now required, social distancing will be marked and enforced, and our building and surfaces will be regularly sanitized. You can read more about those and other procedures below. Please refrain from visiting if you have any symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Admission to Oklahoma Contemporary is always free. When we are able to allow the public to visit, we will have greatly reduced capacity throughout our spaces and will require you to reserve a timed ticket to visit our facility, galleries and free programs. You’ll find those tickets on the Bright Golden Haze exhibition page and/or on specific Public Programs pages.
- Masks are mandatory for staff and all visitors over 3 years of age. If needed, our Visitor Experience team will happily provide one for you.
- Guest and staff use of hand-sanitizer stations, located throughout the building, will be highly encouraged.
- Our Visitor Experience staff will enforce social-distance requirements and space capacities for your safety.
- Throughout each day, our janitorial staff continually sanitize the building with special attention to all surfaces and high-touch areas.
Other protocols to note:
- Check-in will be contact-less.
- In addition to galleries and classrooms, capacity will be limited in elevators, restrooms, our retail shop and Café Contemporary.
- Except for the shop and café, Oklahoma Contemporary will be cash-free.
- Where appropriate, paths will be marked to limit your interaction with other visitors.
- Signage about COVID safety procedures will be located on every floor, and our staff will help ensure our guests understand and follow the guidelines.
- Hands-on activities have been removed from our Learning Gallery.
- Many of our Public Programs will remain virtual for the time being.
- We will regularly monitor data for our city and state and work with civic and health officials to evolve our plans as needed to react to changing conditions.
- Review our additional Visitor Guidelines here.
If you have questions about our COVID-19 procedures, please call (405) 951-0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* We will announce those dates on the website, on our social media and through email when we have them.
Oklahoma Contemporary has taken steps to limit the possibility of transmission of COVID-19 in our facilities and at our events, but we cannot eliminate all possibility of exposure. Any visit to a public space carries inherent risk, and all visitors in our spaces voluntarily accept and assume that risk.