The Database and IT Associate will provide support for Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center across departments, both in its use of the Tessitura CRM software and to troubleshoot general IT concerns. Reporting to the Director of Finance and HR, the successful candidate will be a vital member of the organization in ensuring proper utilization and growth of data-driven initiatives. This position will interact closely with all departments, including Education/Public Programming, Development, Finance, Operations, Communications and Visitor Experience in establishing best practices for effective uses of the platform and other software programs with which it integrates. They will develop and execute processes that include enhancements to functions and integrations; regular maintenance such as upgrades and patches; training and supporting users in all roles; audits; testing strategies; minimizing downtime due to planned and unplanned maintenance; and managing contracts and relationships with suppliers of the systems and other related vendors. This position will also serve as the main liaison between the organization and the IT desktop support partner.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities
- Serve as technical lead for Tessitura Database.
- Provide first line database and IT desktop technical support for staff.
- Monitor/analyze database, identifying inefficiencies, redundancies and threats to data integrity.
- Design/identify and implement solutions to issues and threats.
- Stay informed on current trainings and webinars and ensure that power and regular users are participating.
- Support data analysis for individual departments.
- Facilitate the creation of efficient and flexible processes for scholarships, gift certificates and other types of non-cash transactions.
- Assist with performance and program builds and tests in periods of heavy departmental workloads.
- Investigate and address support issues concerning Tessitura RAMP application, credit card processing, NSCAN, Stimare and other hardware.
- Manage third-party application integrations with Tessitura, including website, email-marketing platforms (Wordfly), Shopify and wealth screening applications such as iWave.
- Oversee TN Express Web (TNEW) application, the integrated ecommerce component of Tessitura and all web customizations.
- Oversee third-party data imports.
- Work with Tessitura Support staff and consultants to troubleshoot database issues and maintain and update customizations for Oklahoma Contemporary.
- Create organizational reports and pull lists as requested.
- Support strategies and create procedures for streamlining processes and improving efficiency.
- Lead regular interdepartmental meetings to identify needs, provide updates and ensure ongoing communication.
- Maintain and monitor style guides and standardization for data entry, verifying the accuracy of system data and monitoring resolution of data faults and errors.
- Perform database audits to identify and troubleshoot errors.
- Assist with financial audits and accessing reports.
- Provide regular and ongoing training of staff including new system features, processes, reports and new user onboarding.
- Serve as the liaison between the organization and the IT desktop support partner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Three years minimum of database administration experience.
- Experience with Tessitura and SQL is a strong plus.
- Excellent project management skills, familiarity with Asana is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills, including experience in end user training and support.
- Organized, reliable, punctual, accurate and detail oriented.
- Outstanding communications skills.
- Commitment to working in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to balance competing priorities.
- Fluency in Spanish or Vietnamese is a plus.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Other Requirements and Working Conditions
- Use of a car required; legally registered and insured for daily use.
- Use of a computer/monitor, telephone and copier daily.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends when required and agreed upon.
- Team environment with frequent group meeting participation.
- Physical requirements: Lifting/Carrying - heavy work may include routine lifting of a maximum weight of 30 lbs. Combination of sitting, standing, walking and driving on a frequent basis.
Oklahoma Contemporary is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Applicants must be legal to work in the United States of America.
Submit a cover letter and resume highlighting your experience and education here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until April 29, 2022. Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we received, we are not able to give status updates.
About Oklahoma Contemporary
Oklahoma Contemporary is an inclusive center for the arts where people of all ages and backgrounds can experience art encounter new ideas and ignite their creative potential. Through visual art exhibitions, performances, public programs, community-building initiatives, outdoor installations ad special events, Oklahoma Contemporary creates opportunities for everyone to come together in celebration of contemporary culture and artistic expression. With year-round classes and seasonal youth camps across multiple disciplines, the arts center’s education programs encourage youth and adults to express their ideas across a variety of media and learn new skills. Oklahoma Contemporary believes that art is for everyone and places accessibility and education at the center of all programming. Admission to exhibitions is always free. Oklahoma Contemporary is a regional 501©3 non-profit organization founded in 1989 by businessman and philanthropist Christian Keesee and Kirkpatrick Foundation Director Marilyn Myers.
Oklahoma Contemporary strives to demonstrate leadership by modeling excellence and best practices for inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We believe in the power of human creativity and value the opportunities for connection and learning that exist when cultures and communities come together in collaboration and understanding. We commit to championing policies and practices that value diversity, foster cultural equity and create an accessible and inclusive environment. Oklahoma Contemporary does not discriminate based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geography, citizenship status or religion. We recognize our strengths lie in the broad range of people who contribute their time and talents to our mission and are dedicated to creating a safe, inclusive place for them to explore creativity.
About Oklahoma City
In the middle of its third decade of economic and cultural expansion, Oklahoma City is a surprisingly lively and diverse American city. Recent growth has spurred exciting developments in the city’s recreation and nightlife, with the construction of new parks, a streetcar system, bike trails, shops, restaurants, breweries and bars. The construction of Oklahoma Contemporary’s new building in the urban core represents a significant commitment on the part of the city and its inhabitants to a new era in contemporary culture.