Party With a Purpose at ArtNow
2017 exhibition: Jan. 9-20
Event: Jan. 20
The ArtNow exhibition highlights the diversity of Oklahoma art today. The closing event is an art sale — the first big party of the year with cocktails, tastemakers and the opportunity to purchase one-of-a-kind works by 24 Oklahoma artists. The artists featured in the exhibit also attend the party so that guests can learn about the 200 works in the show and the artists' creative processes. Proceeds help keep Oklahoma Contemporary exhibitions open free of charge, year-round.
The 2017 exhibition will run Jan. 9-20, ending with the "party with a purpose" the night of Jan. 20. This year's event is now sold out, but you can see the exhibit through 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 20.
Learn more about the exhibition, see some of the works and hear from curators Kelsey Karper and Jennifer Scanlan here.
ArtNow Committee Chairs: Teresa Rose Crook and Aimee Harlow
Oklahoma Contemporary would like to thank the following ArtNow 2017 sponsors.
Kim and Jon Shirley
St. Anthony's Hospital
Glenna and Dick Tanenbaum
B.C. Clark Jewelers
Clements Food Foundation
Kirsten and David Griffin
Sandra and Michael Kirk/Grand Dental Studio
David Leader and Scott Davis
Greg and Lisa Mullen
G. David Neff and Suzanne Peck
Smith & Pickel
United Mechanical, Inc.
Lisa and Tony Vaughn
Casey and Rainey Williams
Accel Financial Staffing/Meg Salyer
Annie Bohanon and Henry Browne, Jr.
Dana and Lance Garner
Mary Ellen and Bill Gumerson
Amanda and Nathaniel Harding
Mason Realty Investors
Chrissy and Rob McLaughlin
Camilla and David Ostrowe
Kelly and Phil Pipkin, Sr.
Quail Creek Bank
Karma and Brett Robinson
Tom Johnson Investment Management, LLC. (TJIM)
Want to know more about ArtNow? Learn about the 2016 exhibition and event.
The 2016 exhibition ran Jan. 11-22, with the event on Friday, Jan. 22.
From ceramics to CGI, painting to photography, fine metals to light-emitting diodes, the 2016 artists spanned the gamut of media, style and attitude. Learn more by exploring the 2016 artists here.
For more on the 2016 event:
- Watch KFOR interviews with ArtNow co-chairs, one of the co-curators and an artist here.
- From NonDoc, learn why one of the artists created all of her works for the show blindfolded.
- You can also watch a NewsOK Parties Extra webcast with co-chairs and staff or read BAM Blog's preview of the show.
- The co-chairs told the Oklahoma Gazette that it's a great "way for people to get engaged in art."
- Browse Quit Nguyen's incredible event photography.
- Check out PartyBox's photo booth video.
- See 405 Magazine's photos from the event.